Thursday, October 9, 2014
Welcome to My Thoughts
Do you ever have those thoughts that just roll around in your head so much you think your head might just fall off because they bounce around so hard and so often? This has been happening to me more and more lately, so I needed a way for those thoughts to become formed and organized. Writing and sharing on this blog is my way to connect the dots, find out what dots are still missing, and needs to be filled in.
I decided to start this blog to keep my thoughts separated from my adventures. As you read, hopefully you'll understand more about me, about why I think and act the way I do, and why I started this blog.
I believe that tolerance is achieved by true understanding. Intolerance comes from a desire to be right or show someone else they are wrong. We have a desire to be right but shouldn't we also have a desire to be accepting and loving of others no matter how different we seem.
I hope that as I share my thoughts, you will feel inclined to share your thoughts with me either through emails, comments, texts, or phone calls. I love hearing what other people think just so that I can understand and have more empathy towards them. Please share comments and questions but leave derogatory notes and insults out of this. My intent is not offense but hopefully an explanation that may lead to understanding.
NOTE: I have decided to occasionally post about things I believe in. I will try to remember to include references to books, scriptures and such for way I believe such things but will probably forgot much of the time. Also, there may be things I express that are my personal beliefs that may or may not have scholarly or spiritual backing.
I decided to start this blog to keep my thoughts separated from my adventures. As you read, hopefully you'll understand more about me, about why I think and act the way I do, and why I started this blog.
I believe that tolerance is achieved by true understanding. Intolerance comes from a desire to be right or show someone else they are wrong. We have a desire to be right but shouldn't we also have a desire to be accepting and loving of others no matter how different we seem.
I hope that as I share my thoughts, you will feel inclined to share your thoughts with me either through emails, comments, texts, or phone calls. I love hearing what other people think just so that I can understand and have more empathy towards them. Please share comments and questions but leave derogatory notes and insults out of this. My intent is not offense but hopefully an explanation that may lead to understanding.
NOTE: I have decided to occasionally post about things I believe in. I will try to remember to include references to books, scriptures and such for way I believe such things but will probably forgot much of the time. Also, there may be things I express that are my personal beliefs that may or may not have scholarly or spiritual backing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is my sincere attempt to help create an understanding. I will not post nor will I tolerate blatantly rude or biting remarks. Contention does not promote understanding. I ask that you only comment if you are trying to add insight, clarification, seek additional information, and the like.